wild brew fest
saturday, march 11, 2017 at soho restaurant & music club
11AM-2PM - wild brew Workshop + locavore lunch - extremely limited
2PM-5PM - festival
The Santa Barbara Fermentation Festival is pleased to announce the second annual Wild Brew Fest, scheduled for Saturday, March 11, 2017 at SOhO Restaurant & Music Club in Santa Barbara. The event will feature our area’s best traditionally brewed and wild fermented beer, cider, jun, mead, kombucha, spirits and more. We will have educational talks, a DIY Fermentation Station and many opportunities for attendees to engage and learn about traditional alcohol fermentation. SOhO and our Culinary Collaborators will serve a variety of complimentary small bites featuring locally sourced ingredients and ferments of all kinds. Profits from the event directly benefit Slow Food Ventura County and the microbiome studies they are spearheading in 2017.
All alcohol is not made equal. Wild Brew Fest is an education forward alcohol festival that will provide an opportunity to delve deeper into traditionally brewed and wild fermented alcoholic beverages while promoting traditional fermentation and the local beverage artisans who are keeping the craft alive.
THE wild brew WORKSHOP
- NEW! Join Pascal Baudar of Urban Outdoor Skills and author of The New Wildcrafted Cuisine and Patrick Ceriale, Barrel Master at Telegraph Brewing Company in a very special collaborative workshop where you will learn the techniques needed to harvest, propagate and ferment using wild yeast. Also learn how, where, when and what local ingredients to harvest and use to make a locally foraged soda and beer.
- After the workshop, enjoy a locavore lunch prepared by SOhO Restaurant and Bob Appetit, followed by the Festival tasting event, where Pascal and Patrick's collaborative batch will be available on draft.
- Dozens of local and regional fermented alcoholic libations including traditionally crafted wild and sour ale, kombucha, cider, mead, jun, distilled spirits, fermentation-inspired cocktails, and other creative libations
- Complimentary small bite menu created by guest chefs Bob Hansen of Bob Appetit, Ramon Velasquez of Corazon Cocina, Chris Rayman of Mesaverde and SB Creamery, and Ryan Simorangkir and Tyler Peek of Sama Sama Kitchen, featuring locally sourced ingredients and ferments of all kinds
- Intimate and engaging talks by traditional alcohol fermentation experts
- Harvest Santa Barbara DIY Fermentation Station where you can make your own jar of fermented seasonal vegetables to take home.